The Postgraduate Medical School’s research strategy is to develop the research capacity and capability of the school by:
- building high quality research applications and income
- establishing a successful medical doctorate (MD) programme
- collaborating with other schools and healthcare organisations
- recruiting high-calibre professors on substantive contracts in order to prepare for the REF and staff development (enable staff to study at doctoral level)
Exceeding applications targets
We have exceeded research applications targets and met our income target for 2011/2012. Academic Forum is set up as a means to discuss and advance ideas for future research and issues related to current research.
The School now works with Dr Shahid Khan to contribute to and publish the Hertfordshire Journal of Medicine.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Our research strategy:
- European and international collaboration for research
- Successful Marie Curie grant funded research exchange (Cape Town University)
- Erasmus (Italy) Erasmus Intensive Programme (Cultural Psychiatry)
- Staff have attended European FP7 calls in Brussels in 2011 and 2012
- Provided information and networking opportunities for the faculty re FP7
- FP7 application successful at the first stage in 2011
- The School has been approached to act as partners by four European organisations in health research, and will be developing our own applications in the field of mental health
- Continue to pursue national funding (RfPB and MRC)